My how time flies.
5 months ago we moved our lives across to a little country called Botswana in Africa.
It’s been quite some time since our last update and so we wanted to let you know what’s been happening. These last few months have been some of the most challenging yet rewarding months of our entire lives.
We’ve had to overcome many hurdles in our journey, one of the biggest has been obtaining residency in Botswana. After being here only 10 weeks and given 3 days notice we were told we had leave the country, our home, all our belongings and beautiful new friends. We didn’t know when or even if we could return to them.
Thankfully after much hard work, patience, persistence and tears we’ve been granted a 2 year volunteer residency visa. It’s going to allow Tenielle and I to reside in Botswana permanently and continue our volunteer work interrupted. So Botswana, Africa is now our new home.
We couldn’t be happier.
Whilst we’ll still be returning to Australia periodically, due to limitations on our time this year we’ve had to make a very difficult decision.
We’ve decided to cancel all Australian Field Trips and only carry on with our Field Trip in France for 2013.
It leaves us very sad that we won’t be able to share Field Trips throughout Australia. But we haven’t left it at that.
And so, we’ve decided to launch our “Field Day”.
1 mid-week, jam packed super educational day focusing on shooting film, understanding lighting & composition as well as working with and interacting with clients to produce beautiful portraits and exquisitely styled & inspiring wedding and portrait shoots.
This experience includes:
- Redefining client interactions, taking on a consultative role from start to finish
- Lighting & composition, making a photo vs taking a photo
- How to direct your clients during your portrait session to achieve beautiful, natural images
- Learning to shoot film, from choosing the right camera’s through to choosing film stock, the right pro lab and how to expose & compose images on film.
What we provide you:
- Professional styling, florals, hair and make-up
- 2 x beautiful portfolio boosting sessions with models and real couples
- 1 jam-packed half day in the class room
- Lunch and refreshments
What you will need to bring along:
- Analogue camera
- Light meter
We’re only accepting 15 attendees per Field Day as we want this to be an intimate experience.
Terms and conditions:
- Field Day Tuition is $750 AUD per person.
- We require a non-refundable deposit of $500 AUD to guarantee your spot.
- Your spot is secured ONLY after making a deposit and completing the booking form.
- Full payment is due two weeks prior to the Field Day.
- You will be responsible for your own transportation to and from the Field Day venue.
- We also recommend having a basic understanding of the principles behind apertures and shutter speeds BEFORE attending this Field Day.
If you want us to hold a Field Day in your city you will need to register your interest (if you haven’t already) and look out for an email from yours truly in the next two days with details on how to book.